Skip to main content
General Washing Machine Tips
July 4th, 2020
- Check all clothing tags for special washing instructions.
- Wash whites, colors and darks separately.
- Large loads will not dry properly. For optimal results, do not overload the machine. Load clothes evenly and loosely.
- On front load washers, only use 1/4 cup of detergent to prevent over-soaping. High-efficiency liquid detergents are highly recommended.
- If using laundry pods with a front load washer, place the pod in with your clothes and NOT in the detergent tray. To prevent soap residue when using pods; be sure to use pod with HOT water.
- Unscented liquid fabric softener is highly recommended and only requires 1/4 the amount recommended on the label.
- If the front load washer won’t start, make sure the door is fully closed and follow the instructions on the machine.
- Do not use dye in the machines.
- The washer door locks on front load washers when in use and will not open until all cycles are complete. However, to open the door mid-cycle: press and release the start button until the display reads 01; press start button once more and the machine will drain and unlock the door within 10 seconds.